The Santa Barbara Amateur Radio Club Net is an informal net to make announcements, pass on congratulations, say hello, play trivia and share stories. The net is held each Wednesday night at 7:30pm on the SBARC Hub linked repeaters.
Trivia Net is held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month and the 5th Wednesday (if there is one). It is hosted by Darryl – KF6DI.
Everyone is invited to check in. We usually call for club members first, and then call for guests. The net is called by a different net controller each week, and the net controller gets to ask a question of the week. Everyone may give their answer. This also has been a lot of fun. You’ll find recordings of the net in the SBARC Audio Archives.
Guidelines for Wednesday Night Club!
Net Controllers: Please remember to ID every 10 minutes.
1) Preliminary notes to the net control stations:
- Be ready to call the net right after the Newsline transmission is over, or failing that, call it at 7:30 PM (19:30 hours). Please remind people that the repeaters are linked and that they should key up 1 second before they begin talking.
- You should give you name clearly and your callsign in both straight English and in the ICAO phonetic alphabet as well. You may request any check-ins to give as much detail as you like in regard to their names, callsigns, locations, number of announcements, etc.
- You may call the net in any order you like. Just simply explain what procedure you are going to follow on a given night. It might be a good idea to ask for important announcements before you start taking check-ins, however.
- You get to pick the question of the week and determine whether a short or long answer would be more appropriate in the circumstances.
2) Run the net.
- The goal here is to make it fun for all.
- Pick a good question.
- Mention that the net was linked to the 224.080 MHz high-level repeater.
- Mention that the Club has a web page at www.sbarc.org and that more information about the Club is available at this site.
- Ask if club member would like to be a net controller and if so, to contact the VP of Operations at, email@example.com.
- Remind everyone that the SBARC Board thanks everyone for checking in.
- Ask everyone to stand by while the links are de-activated.
- Sign clear, and then send in your report.