Welcome, and thanks for visiting our website. The Santa Barbara Amateur Radio Club (SBARC) was established in 1920 and has operated continuously ever since. If you are a licensed amateur radio operator and not yet a member, we hope you will consider joining our club. If you are not yet licensed but have an interest in amateur radio, contact us and we’ll help you get started! Better yet come meet our friendly members at one of our monthly club meetings or at the Club Station on Saturday mornings.
Photo caption: Repeaters are the backbone of our local communication systems. SBARC operates numerous repeaters that are open and free to use, including one on Diablo Peak on Santa Cruz Island, which our team accesses with the help of Aspen Helicopters.
March 31, 2022 - Online Auctions
Our new auction feature is now live. This is where you will find the best donations such as radios, test equipment, etc. We will begin adding items as we receive new gear. Just log in normally and you will see an item in the sidebar titled "Members Only Functions". Under this section you will see a link for "Auction Items". You can bid on timed items similar to eBay. Check in frequently and see what shows up!
March 25, 2022 - Website Membership System Upgrade
We have completed an upgrade of our membership system and joining SBARC or renewing your memberships has changed. This is all documented on this page: https://www.sbarc.org/renew-membership/. Pleas take a few minutes and see what's new!
The Santa Barbara Amateur Radio Club is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public benefit corporation. Our public service efforts and emergency communications infrastructure are supported by donations from our members and the community. Your tax deductible contributions help ensure our continued success
- EarthSpot.net ADS-B aircraft tracking from SBARC telecom sites
- Windy.com (iOS, Android apps) rain, wind and forecast models
- MyRadar iOS and Android app for realtime radar (aviators’ choice!)
- National Weather Service Los Angeles Office
- Scientific Forecast Discussion
- AirNow.gov Air Quality Index and more for Santa Barbara.
- S.B County realtime rainfall and waterway data
- Webcams and weather from around the area
- GreatWeather.com local observations and solar data
- SoCal Edison current power outages
- Live Audio streaming public safety scanners in Santa Barbara
SBARC Designated Emergency Frequencies
- SBARC Main Repeater Output 146.79 / Input 146.19 PL 131.8
- In the event the repeater is not working, use 146.79 SIMPLEX
- Also monitor 146.52 SIMPLEX
We also maintain a list of local frequencies used by first responders and emergency services. These are useful for programming consumer grade scanners. Please click here.