The audio archive of this net can best be followed by downloading the .mp3 file for the appropriate date here and listening with the media player of your choice. You can move the progress slider forward or backward to the subject of interest to you.
We had another good net tonight with 9 check-ins plus net control, Levi, K6LCM and some chat room visitors! Tonight’s subjects included:
- A follow up on one of last weeks topics – What do the number of bits per sample have to do with SDR. (Hint: The higher end of the ADC being used the more bits per sample & better representation of whats coming in on the RF signal).
- Popular RTL-SDR dongles, 8 bit or 12 bit?
- With digital modes such as JT-65, are they low power (QRP) modes or weak signal modes and what’s the difference?
- Problems with Signalink with regards to gain and Windows settings.
- Regarding a total eclipse of the sun, how might it affect amateur radio?
- Digital Mobile Radio and SharkRF openSPOT – What is it and why is it currently the cutting edge of ham radio for the future?
Tune in to the SBARC TM&E Net every Thursday at 8:00 PM local (2000 Hrs) and see what interesting questions will arise or ask some of your own! All club members and visitors are encouraged to check in to the net each week and join in with questions and /or answers to and contribute the knowledge of new and seasoned amateur radio operators alike.