The audio archive of this net can best be followed by downloading the .mp3 file for the appropriate date here and listening with the media player of your choice. You can move the progress slider forward or backward to the subject of interest to you.
We had another interesting net tonight with 11 check-ins plus net control Ken, KA6KEN. Tonight’s topics included:
- Texting/e-mailing via APRS.
- Is it accurate to say that when sending e-mail/text via APRS that it opens the channel, gateway, portal, etc. for a period for a non radio person to respond?
- Should I return my HT and weather alert radio and opt for an HT that has that combined functionality?
- PLB devices (Personal Locator Beacon).
- How would someone report smoke (fire) while in the back country, ham radio or other method?
Tune in to the SBARC TM&E Net every Thursday at 8:00 PM local (2000 Hrs) and see what interesting questions might arise or ask some of your own! All club members and visitors are encouraged to check in to the net each week and join in with questions and /or answers and contribute the knowledge of new and seasoned amateur radio operators alike.