The audio archive of this net can best be followed by downloading the .mp3 file for the appropriate date here and listening with the media player of your choice. You can move the progress slider forward or backward to the subject of interest to you.
We had another good net tonight with 9 check-ins plus net control, Brian, K6BPM and some chat room visitors! Tonight’s subjects included:
- Why are germanium diodes so common in ham radio when reviewing schematic diagrams?
- What is the significance or talk group #9 on our DMR (Digital Mobile Radio) network?
- DMR talk groups for monitoring hurricane Irma – #3199 ad hoc and another to be e-mailed to the digital modes group tomorrow by Brian, K6BPM.
- What’s going on with the WB6OBB repeater?
- Zello, a walky-talky type app for Android and iPhone.
- Pi-hole, an open-source application that will block all ads on your computers and smart phones on your home network – it runs on a Raspberry pie.
Tune in to the SBARC TM&E Net every Thursday at 8:00 PM local (2000 Hrs) and see what interesting questions will arise or ask some of your own! All club members and visitors are encouraged to check in to the net each week and join in with questions and /or answers to and contribute the knowledge of new and seasoned amateur radio operators alike.