The audio archive of this net can best be followed by downloading the .mp3 file for the appropriate date here and listening with the media player of your choice. You can move the progress slider forward or backward to the subject of interest to you.
We had another interesting net tonight with 7 check-ins plus net control Frank, K6FLD. Tonight’s topics included:
- Will I hurt my rig running an end fed 9:1 balun antenna on 80 M at 1.5-2 SWR at 20 watts?
- Does anyone have any tips on setting up to do digital modes?
- Does a 1 foot drop of my end-fed sloper affect the radiation pattern?
- Is pulling the plug on an electronic device, computer, laptop, etc., rather than using the switch or shutdown bad for the device?
- What range can I expect with 20 watts on 20 or 40 meters?
Tune in to the SBARC TM&E Net every Thursday at 8:00 PM local (2000 Hrs) and see what interesting ham radio questions might arise or ask some of your own! All club members and visitors are encouraged to check in to the net each week and join in with questions and /or answers and contribute the knowledge of new and seasoned amateur radio operators alike.