The audio archive of this net can best be followed by downloading the .mp3 file for the appropriate date here and listening with the media player of your choice. You can move the progress slider forward or backward to the subject of interest to you.
We had another interesting net tonight with 11 check-ins plus net control Ken, KA6KEN. Tonight’s topics included:
- How long should my long wire antenna be for short wave frequencies, receive only?
- Are the Santa Barbara repeaters consistently linked?
- What is DMR?
- What’s the difference between EchoLink and DMR?
- How long does it take before my call sign shows up on QRZ?
- What is the SBARC Club Van/Rover used for?
- How does SBARC participate in emergency communications (EMC)?
- How does SBARC participate in local events?
Tune in to the SBARC TM&E Net every Thursday at 8:00 PM local (2000 Hrs) and see what interesting ham radio questions might arise or ask some of your own! All club members and visitors are encouraged to check in to the net each week and join in with questions and /or answers and contribute the knowledge of new and seasoned amateur radio operators alike.