The Science and Engineering Council of Santa Barbara has regular monthly luncheons that are open to the public. The luncheons are held at the High Sierra Restaurant (old Elephant Bar). The SEC is a group of engineers and scientists that are active in the local area. Activities include:
- Monthly Luncheon Programs which provide a forum for presentation of topics of interest, and a opportunity for meeting fellow engineers, scientists, and business professionals.
- Compilation of a Technical Services Directory of SEC members.
- Monetary awards, certificates and trophies to Science Fair winners in all divisions with presentation by winners at the April SEC Luncheon.
- Sponsorship of Scholarships for local college students in the sciences. The scholarships are funded through the Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara.
- Join SEC on Facebook or LinkedIn (SEC membership not required).